Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easy Way to Transition Cats...

I have been trying to switch my cats to raw for a few months...little by little.  I have to leave for work by 6am, and I am SOOOOO not a morning person so waiting for my cats to finish eating their chunks of meat is not my favorite option...So a friend on Chi People forum offered to send me a 4# box of http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products/prowl/ for my cats since hers wouldn't eat it.  I am very happy to say that all of my cats LOVE it!  It is a GREAT option to use to help transition as well as for feeding as a supplement to Raw or in place of Prey Model Raw if that 'weirds' you out lol.  It is a Dehydrated Raw and can be used as a stand alone diet or in addition to your own Raw Diet.  You can even add Cooked Meat/Protein to it if you don't want to go raw.

Right now they just have "Prowl" formula available for Cats but they have lots for dogs!
Here is what it looks like right out of the box
Add water to it, it suggests 1.5 Tablespoon per tablespoon of mix
Wait 5-10 Minutes....if they will let you....this is Munchie investigating...Cedes wanted to eat it right then and there without waiting for it to rehydrate the goof!
DeeJay is 11 & 1/2 years old, so any diet changes are harder for her...but Prowl has been very helpful as she's been having issues with constipation lately.  The week they've been eating it, she's doing a lot better in that area.
Tigglet is still a kitten so she's been easy to switch lol


Mercedes enjoying some
  

Munchie....her food is better lol

Munchie butting in on Tigglets bowl...
 
Yes he can eat out of his own bowl...well Tigglets...

My kitties are now members of the clean bowl club...well almost...but if you notice the stuff that's left is the added Grain Free Canned food I used....


No comments:

Post a Comment